Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Plan & Search

Happy New Year! And what a great start to 2008 it has been. I have been wedding planning, house hunting, and figuring out my career. The best part? Getting to look at fun wedding stuff and figuring out how to make it my "perfect" day. I have become more excited as I feel I'm making progress in picking out colors, styles, themes, etc. The sans shoes part is favorite! We are getting our engagement pictures taken soon on the beach and will stake out our reception location. So excited! :) My wedding planner has become my best friend! Just kidding...

I've joined a bible study (small women's group) on the Eastside that starts next week. Definitely a step in the right direction and I can't wait to get started. Brandon and I are trying to get more involved in the church's youth group but open houses on Sunday afternoons have been preventing us from doing so. Which leads me to the next big thing going on. We have agreed on a style of house we are looking for & the general vicinity of where we want to live. The hard part is finding a home we can make ours that doesn't need too much rehab. We were debating between getting a condo (townhouse) and having more free time to volunteer, help out with the youth group, and spend more time together and being active outdoors...or....renovating a house that we can call our own and show what we've done (and also have a better resale value). Our biggest problem is having a big enough yard for the Sunday afternoon hammock. After freaking out when hearing about mortgages and fixed income rates, it's been easier thinking about finances and getting a home together. It will be a new adventure together. I'm sure we'll have our ups and downs but we'll have a lot to show and a house that truly represents our our style. So if you know of any cute little houses---let me know :)

The holidays were delightful and went way too fast as usual. I received a lot of gifts for our future house which is cool. Brandon began spinning which is awesome. Another hobby we can do together. The true test will be him & my Dad and a bike race this summer. Matching family jerseys would definitely be tacky but fitting. I'm trying to do more with my free time as there is no more school: spinning, bible study, cooking, wedding stuff, applying to jobs, and beading. I don't like to make New Years resolutions because each new day should be a day to improve. Every morning you have a chance to do something great, change that attitude, or become a better person. Thank God for everyday you are given.

Alright, back to all the planning :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Brittany Parker, Health Coach said...

Do u like to be called Dani? I added your blogger to my fav. links---hope you don't mind! You have a wedding planner? wow! very cool!

9:49 AM, January 17, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home